- Insider's tips than can save you hundreds of dollars
- The telltale signs of a dishonest shop
- The important questions you must ask before every job
- Straightforward facts about the inner workings of your car
DON'T GET RIPPED OFF! LEARN HOW TO...
- Protect yourself against unscrupulous mechanics
- Avoid the scare tactics that repair shops love to sell you
- Spot a super scam-where the mechanic scams both the consumer and the repair facility
- Find a shop or mechanic you can trust
- Use the service manual for the make and model of your car when discussing repairs or maintenance
- Protect yourself by learning the ABCs of car function (it's easier to spot a liar)
- Negotiate repairs
- Get additional work done if you're not satisfied-at minimal or no expense
- Fight back when you've been ripped off.
When it comes to your car, knowledge is power-as well as the best guarantee that you won't get taken for a ride! Discover all the facts on parts, services, and labor that will enable you to always get a fair deal and keep your vehicle running smoothly.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
this book helped me out of a bind when my car was towed in off the highway.I referred to the chapter on starting and was able to control the situation at hand.It was great.
great book...thanks for putting the stroy in the book
After reading this book I now understand how my car works.It wasn't that hard to grasp.I can have an intelegent conversation with my mechanic and feel much more confident in the repair process.I also know what to look out for .Great,easy reading...