As a woman nearing retirement, you may be delightfully surprised to get your own Social Security check. But you probably have questions. Questions such as:
- How much money will I actually get from Social Security?
- How soon can I retire and start collecting my Social Security?
- What are my options for claiming?
- Do I really get benefits on my spouse or ex-spouse?
Drawing on the author's expertise and sharing the personal stories of real women, What’s The Deal With Social Security for Women opens the door on how Social Security works regardless of your life's journey. It's for you if you’re married, divorced, widowed, or single and will take some of the mystery out of this complex yet critical income source. Read this book discover how important it is to:
- Make smart decisions about when to claim Social Security
- Receive more monthly income by claiming after age 62
- Learn the facts about Social Security's future
- Balance time and money when deciding when to retire
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Rethink Press Limited|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.55(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
PART ONE Social Security Basics: From A Bit Of History To How Your Benefits Are Calculated
PART TWO The Social Security Claiming Categories
Section A Overview for married women: the basics for happily married couples
Section B Divorced women – the basics of divorce and claiming on your ex-spouse
Section C Surviving spouses – an overview
Section D Individual workers – defined as not married, not divorced, not widowed
Section E WEP And GPO – when you have a state or union pension plan
PART THREE More Social Security Must-Knows