“This is the book I wish I had for every patient diagnosed with cancer. It fills the void between the diagnosis and the journey onward.” —Madeline Krauss, M.D. When Cancer Hits is your complete guide to navigating all the changes you’ll experience between the doctor’s office and everyday living. Whether your future includes surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy, you’ll need to know how to best manage your side effects, stress, and home recovery—and how to sustain positive energy during treatment and beyond. Inside, you’ll discover how to:
• Implement proven solutions for mouth sores, nausea, radiation burns, fatigue, dry skin, neuropathy and more.
• Create your own personal hair-loss plan, and find the solution that fits your style.
• Manage stress, anxiety, worry and despair.
• Complement your treatment with the proven benefits of acupuncture, reflexology, massage and meditation.
• Protect yourself from personal care and housecleaning products that contain potentially carcinogenic ingredients—and learn what products are safe to use.
• Treat and conceal redness, rashes, swelling, scars and skin discoloration.
With real-life stories from survivors plus advice from doctors and experienced health experts, When Cancer Hits delivers life-changing information on how to care for your body, boost your immune system, encourage your own healing, and nurture your soul while on the road to recovery.
|Publisher:||Cinco Vidas Press|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author