Temporarily Out of Stock Online
When Crisis Strikes provides friends, neighbors, churches, and organizations with hundreds of simple, fun, and practical ways to help those going through a health crisis. Find:
- Ideas for helping when the crisis first strikes, during the hospital stay, and throughout the recovery period at home.
- Ways to comfort the grieving when someone has died.
- How to protect a person's privacy.
- Important reminders to respect differences and to not impose personal beliefs on someone going through a difficult time.
- Valuable tips for the age-old problem of what to say and what not to say to folks who have been hit by a crisis.
- Complete instructions for preparing and delivering food.
- Gift ideas that matter.
- Step-by-step instructions for writing an encouraging note or a sympathy note.
- How to coordinate a blood drive, fundraiser, or a memorial reception.
- Complete directions for providing food for a big event.
- Useful forms for organizing group efforts.
|Publisher:||Good Neighbors Publishing LLC|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Allidah sees herself as just a friend and a neighbor. Having gone through a tough stretch herself, she believes that when bad times hit, we have an opportunity to walk alongside people and take away some of the aloneness. As an experienced registered nurse and educator, she works to provide clear and simple resources for others.Bonnie says she has been there. She supported her teenage son through the years of battling cancer and then grieved when he lost that fight. Bonnie has written music lyrics, poetry, and short stories most of her life. Retired after many wonderful years of teaching English, she hopes this book will help people become everyday heroes.