Are more and more children getting away with everything? Are more and more parents losing control?
You bet, and those parents want help in regaining that control-of the family, the house, and themselves. With its balanced and practical program, this book gives every parent all the information and tools they need to shift the balance of power to its rightful place in the home, while addressing such concerns as:
• Parenting with both firmness and flexibility
• Clarifying family values and priorities
• Avoiding playing the blame game
• Finding the middle ground between permissive parenting and authoritarian rule
• Minimizing the effects of divorce
• Setting limits and making peace
|Publisher:||Penguin Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||5.22(w) x 7.98(h) x 0.75(d)|
About the Author
Aleta Koman, M.Ed., is a nationally celebrated child and family therapist who maintains a private practice in the Boston area. She lectures on psychological topics to adults and children, and offers corporate seminars and workshops on personal, marital, and family issues. She appears regularly on network television programs, including "The Today Show."
Edward Myers is a freelance writer who, together with Koman, has written The Parenting Survival Kit and How to Mend a Broken Heart.