This book is gold dust for sailors.
Will there be a sea breeze today?
Will one side of the course have better wind?
Will the wind shift during the race?
For nearly 20 years Wind Strategy has given sailors the answer to these questions and many more. It gives a set of basic principles so that you can predict the wind's behaviour virtually anywhere in the world. It shows how the wind will shift and bend over the relatively small area of the racecourse, and how it is modified by:
- The sea breeze
- The land breeze
- Other boats
- The shore
- Water temperature.
The book also gives specific wind advice for over 20 popular venues, from the Solent to Sydney.
In short, Wind Strategy gives you the "local knowledge" you need to become a winner.
Recommended for all racing sailors.
|Publisher:||Fernhurst Books Limited|
|Product dimensions:||6.77(w) x 9.53(h) x 0.29(d)|
Table of Contents
1. The wind-wise sailor.
2. The sailor's wind.
3. Wind facts - coasts, islands and lakes.
4. Wind facts - wind bangs, water temperature and tide.
5. Wind facts - gusts and lulls.
6. Wind facts - Southern Hemisphere.
7. The sea breeze pure and simple.
8. Sea breeze with gradient wind.
9. Afternoon winds - gradient and onshore.
10. Lakes, mountains, valleys and peninsulas.
11. As the sun goes down.
12. Afternoon and evening winds - Southern Hemisphere.
13. Gravity waves, billows and surges.
14. The message of the clouds.
15. Light airs.
16. Obstacles in the wind.
17. Water currents.
19. Dangerous waves.
20. Weather routeing.
21. Which sails?
22. At the regatta.
23. Popular racing venues analysed.
Summary sheets for waterproofing and taking afloat.