Authoritative Answers to All Your Group Policy QuestionsAnd More
If you're stuck troubleshooting a tough Group Policy problem, you'll be thankful for this book. Windows 2000: Group Policy, Profiles, and IntelliMirror helps you harness the full power of these Windows facilities, teaching you, step-by-step, the techniques that will make you, your network, and its users more productive. Hundreds of clear, consistent examples illustrate these techniques in detailso you stay on track and accomplish all your administration goals. Coverage includes:
• Creating and deploying simple and advanced Group Policies at local, site, domain, and OU levels
• Using Group Policies to deploy and manage Office 2000 and Office XP
• Troubleshooting Group Policies using Support tools, Resource Kit utilities, log files, Registry hacks, and third-party tools
• Modeling and deploying a secure environment with the Security Configuration and Analysis tools
• Setting up Windows 2000 Local, Roaming, and Mandatory profiles
• Setting up, managing, and governing IntelliMirror components with Group Policy
• Assigning and publishing software packages to users and computers using IntelliMirror
• Setting up hundreds of new Windows 2000 Professional machines with Remote Installation Services
• Understanding interactions and migration issues with Windows 9x/NT System Policies and Windows 2000 Group Policies
• Creating custom Group Policies to manage your own desktop applications
About the Series
The Mark Minasi Windows 2000 Series is designed to equip system administrators with in-depth technical solutions to the many challenges associated with administering Windows 2000 in an enterprise setting. The series editor is leading Windows NT/2000 expert Mark Minasi, who selects the topics and authors and develops and reviews each book to ensure that every entry in the series meets your needs and helps you achieve your goals.
About the Author
Since becoming one of the world's first MCSEs in Windows NT and 2000, Jeremy Moskowitz has performed Windows NT, Windows 2000, and SMS planning and implementation for some of the world's largest organizations. He has also been a noted speaker at prestigious conferences, including MCP magazine's TechMentor, Windows 2000 magazine's WinConnections, and MIS Training Institute’s Windows 2000 Security and Control Conference. Jeremy has written for a number of publications, including Microsoft Certified Professional magazine, Windows 2000, Windows PRO, Online Training, PC Magazine, BYTE.com, and ENT Magazine.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Windows 2000 Group Policy.
Chapter 2 Windows 2000 ADM Templates.
Chapter 3 Troubleshooting Group Policy.
Chapter 4 Security Configuration and Analysis.
Chapter 5 ProfilesLocal, Roaming, and Mandatory.
Chapter 6 IntelliMirror, Part 1: Redirected Folders, Offline Folders, Synchronization Manager, and Disk Quotas.
Chapter 7 IntelliMirror, Part 2: Software Deployment via Group Policies.
Chapter 8 Remote Installation Services.
Chapter 9 Windows 9x and NT System Policies.
Appendix A Default Settings and Rights.
Appendix B Intermixing Windows NT/9x System Policies and Windows 2000 Group Policies.
Appendix C ADM Template Syntax.