- Get it by Friday, August 25 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
This 88-page primer unveils the key features of Microsoft's eagerly anticipated Windows 8 operating system. Windows 8 contains Microsoft's revolutionary new application framework for building dynamic and responsive touch-enabled applications that target both desktops and mobile devices.
What you’ll learn
- Create and configure Windows 8 applications
- Implement a touch-enabled user interface
- Store data and application state using the new persistence model
- Access remote data using Windows 8 networking
- Package and deploy your application to the Windows store
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced developers who want to stay ahead of the curve and understand the new ways of working that the new operating system introduces.
Table of Contents
- Creating the UI
- Responding to the User
- Storage and Persistence
- Packaging and Deployment
These chapters are supported by a substantial stand-alone code sample.
|Product dimensions:||5.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author