For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Get it by Wednesday, January 24
, Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Same Day delivery in Manhattan. Details
Step-by-Step, Full-Color Graphics Show You How to Use Windows 8!
Get up and running with Windows 8 right awaythe QuickSteps way. Full-color screenshots on every page with clear instructions make it easy to use this innovative operating system on any device. Follow along and learn how to navigate the touch interface, customize your desktop, store data, manage files, connect to the Internet, use email, add hardware and software, download apps, work with photos, and enjoy multimedia. You’ll also learn how to control security and set up a wired or wireless network. This practical, fast-paced guide gets you started in no time!
Use these handy guideposts:
- Shortcuts for accomplishing common tasks
- Need-to-know facts in concise narrative
- Helpful reminders or alternate ways of doing things
- Bonus information related to the topic being covered
- Errors and pitfalls to avoid
- Screenshots with callouts that show and explain exactly what you’ll see on your computer screen while you’re doing a task
The unique, landscape layout of the QuickSteps series mimics your computer screen, displays graphics and explanations side by side, and lays flat so you can easily refer to the book while working on your computer.
About the Author
Marty Matthews is the author or coauthor of more than 70 booksincluding the bestselling Windows XP QuickSteps and Windows 7 QuickSteps. He is the co-creator of the QuickSteps series with his wife Carole Matthews, who is also a successful computer book author.