You can get there
Where do you want to go? You might already be working in the information technology field and may be looking to expand your skills. You might be setting out on a new career path. Or, you might want to learn more about exciting opportunities in Windows network administration.
Wherever you want to go, Windows Network Administration will help you get there. Easy-to-read, practical, and up-to-date, this text not only helps you learn fundamental Windows network administration concepts, it also helps you master the core competencies and skills you need to succeed in the classroom and in the real world. The book's brief, modular format and variety of built-in learning resources enable you to learn at your own pace and focus your studies.
With this book, you will be able to:
• Understand networking from the ground up
• Explore protocols and protocol suites, including TCP/IP, the most common protocol suite in use today
• Implement and administer WINS, DNS, and DHCP
• Troubleshoot name resolution and DHCP problems
• Manage network access with group polices and permissions
• Secure network communications with IPSec
• Configure and troubleshoot routing and remote access
• Master practical techniques you can use to fully support network users
• Learn time-saving techniques and best practices that all administrators should know
Wiley Pathways helps you achieve your goals
Not every student is on the same path, but every student wants to succeed. The Information Technology series in the new Wiley Pathways imprint helps you achieve your goals. The books in this seriesIntroduction to Databases, Introduction to Programming Using Visual Basic, Introduction to Operating Systems, Networking Basics, Windows Network Administration, Network Security Fundamentals, and PC Hardware Essentialsoffer a coordinated information technology curriculum. Learn more at www.wiley.com/go/pathways