Windows Server® 2008 Portable Command Guide
MCTS 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, and MCITP 70-646, 70-647
All the MCTS 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, and MCITP 70-646, 70-647 Commands in One Compact, Portable Resource
Maximize your efficiency as a Windows Server 2008 administrator, and master the commands, keywords, command arguments, options, and prompts covered on Microsoft’s MCTS 70-640, MCTS 70-642, MCTS 70-643, MCITP 70-646, and MCITP 70-647 exams! This easy, handy reference brings together all the techniques, tips, tools, and examples you’ll need. It’s your perfect take-anywhere guide to running Windows Server 2008 and R2 environments—and passing Microsoft’s five key Windows Server 2008 administration exams.
Covers all the commands you need to score higher on your MCTS 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, and MCITP 70-646 and 70-647 exams!
- Master the command prompt in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Manipulate files, folders, and shares
- Write effective batch files
- Manage and troubleshoot DNS with dnscmd and nslookup
- Manage and troubleshoot Active Directory–from basic and advanced ds commands through replication
- Work with group policy and the Security Configuration Wizard
- Configure Server Core, including roles and remote administration
- Control services, routing, printers, licensing, activation, event subscriptions, and more
- Troubleshoot networking, reliability, and performance
- Utilize Terminal Services and Remote Desktop Services
- Create and manage server roles from the command line
- Administer Windows Server 2008 with PowerShell and VB scripts
Your Perfect Take-Anywhere Windows Server 2008 Command Resource!
- Covers commands on the MCTS 70-640, MCTS 70-642, MCTS 70-643, MCITP 70-646, and MCITP 70-647 exams
- Includes important administration commands that aren’t on the exams
- Packed with realistic scenarios, high-efficiency examples, and expert tips
Category: Microsoft Certification
Covers: Windows Server 2008 Exams (MCTS 70-640, 70-642, 70-643, and MCITP 70-646, 70-647)
|Publisher:||Pearson IT Certification|
|Series:||Portable Command Guide Series|
|Product dimensions:||6.10(w) x 9.00(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Darril Gibson is the CEO of Security Consulting and Training, LLC. He regularly teaches, writes, and consults on a wide variety of security and technical topics. He has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 1999 and holds several certifications, including MCSE (NT 4.0, 2000, 2003), MCDBA (SQL Server), MCITP (Windows 7, Server 2008, and SQL Server), ITIL v3, Security+, and CISSP. He has authored, coauthored, or contributed to more than a dozen books. You can view a listing of most of his current books on Amazon at http://amzn.to/bL0Obo.