Quickly teach yourself how to make team collaboration easy—and more productive—with Windows SharePoint Services. With STEP BY STEP, you drive the instruction. Work at your own pace through the book’s lessons and build new skills using the files on CD. You’ll learn exactly what you need to know about using Windows SharePoint Services to help you—and your team—share ideas and information more efficiently!
- Build your own SharePoint site—a central, Web-based workspace for teamwork and communication
- Set up document libraries and Document Workspaces for easy collaboration
- Use Meeting Workspaces to facilitate meeting preparation and follow-up
- Share and exchange data, calendars, contacts, and other information from Microsoft Office programs
- Conduct surveys and use discussion boards on your site
- Customize your pages and sites with Web PartsPractice your skills using the files on CD!
Your Microsoft Office System Reference Pack on CD includes:
- Templates and clip art straight from the Microsoft Office team
- Microsoft Office System Quick Reference eBook
- Insider’s Guide to Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 eBook
- Microsoft Computer Dictionary, Fifth Edition, eBook—10,000+ entries!
- Introducing the Tablet PC eBook
- Complete STEP BY STEP eBook
- Skill-building practice files
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.
About the Author
Olga M. Londer, MCSE and MCT, is a technology evangelist for Microsoft Corporation and has served as a technical lead on numerous projects for blue-chip clients. Before joining Microsoft, Olga was a Microsoft MVP, and she has been involved with Web development, authoring, and infrastructure since 1992. Olga is a coauthor of Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies Resource Kit among other books, and she is a frequent speaker at conferences such as Tech-Ed, VSLive!, DevWeek, and IT Forum.
Todd C. Bleeker, Ph.D., is regarded as an innovative, resourceful, and competitive technologist. Todd is co-owner of and an instructor at Mindsharp, a training company specializing in Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies. Todd is a coauthor of Microsoft Windows® SharePoint Services Step by Step.
Penelope Coventry is a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for Microsoft SharePoint Server, and an independent consultant based in the United Kingdom, with more than 30 years of industry experience. She focuses on the design, implementation, and development of SharePoint technology–based solutions. She has worked with SharePoint since 2001.
Table of Contents
Using the Book's CD-ROM
Conventions and Features
About the Authors
Chapter 1: Introduction to Windows SharePoint Services
Chapter 2: Navigating a SharePoint Site
Chapter 3: Creating and Managing Sites
Chapter 4: Working with Lists
Chapter 5: Creating and Managing Libraries
Chapter 6: Working with Library Settings
Chapter 7: Working with Document Workspaces
Chapter 8: Working with Meeting Workspaces
Chapter 9: Working with Surveys and Discussion Boards
Chapter 10: Using Windows SharePoint Services with Outlook 2003
Chapter 11: Using Windows SharePoint Services with Excel 2003 and Access 2003
Chapter 12: Working with Web Parts
Appendix : Windows SharePoint Services User Rights