Master the intricacies of application development with unmanaged C++ code—straight from the experts. Jeffrey Richter’s classic book is now fully revised for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008. You get in-depth, comprehensive guidance, advanced techniques, and extensive code samples to help you program Windows–based applications.
Discover how to:
- Architect and implement your applications for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows
- Create and manipulate processes and jobs
- Schedule, manage, synchronize and destroy threads
- Perform asynchronous and synchronous device I/O operations with the I/O completion port
- Allocate memory using various techniques including virtual memory, memory-mapped files, and heaps
- Manipulate the default committed physical storage of thread stacks
- Build DLLs for delay-loading, API hooking, and process injection
- Using structured exception handling, Windows Error Recovery, and Application Restart services
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||9 MB|
About the Author
Christophe Nasarre works for BusinessObjects, a multinational business-intelligence consultancy and training company that is focused on helping organizations gain better insight into their business through business intelligence solutions. He has worked as a technical editor on numerous Microsoft Press books.