Portable and precise, this pocket-sized guide delivers immediate answers for the day-to-day administration of Windows Vista. Zero in on core support and maintenance tasks using quick-reference tables, instructions, and lists. You’ll get the precise information you need to solve problems and get the job done—whether you’re at your desk or in the field!
Get fast facts to:
- Install and configure Windows Vista—and optimize the user workspace
- Maintain operating system components, hardware devices, and drivers
- Create user and group accounts—and control rights and permissions
- Administer group policy settings
- Manage files, folders, disk quotas, and shadow copies
- Set up and configure TCP/IP and mobile networking
- Configure security and privacy settings in Windows Internet Explorer
- Administer mobile PC settings with the new Windows Mobility Center
- Troubleshoot system issues and optimize performance
|Series:||Administrator's Companion Series|
|Product dimensions:||5.58(w) x 8.00(h) x 1.34(d)|
About the Author
William R. Stanek is a Microsoft MVP with 20+ years of experience in systems management and advanced programming. He is an award-winning author who’s written more than 100 books, including Windows Server 2012 Pocket Consultant and Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Pocket Consultant.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This book provides well organized guidance for first time and seasoned Windows users. Online help is useful in solving many problems but The Pocket Consultants have helped us learn about the many Vista capabilities that are found by leisurely reading the chapters... the kinds of things we would not have considered.
As the 'pocket consultant' series states this is the essential manual for daily administration. New admins, intermediates, and experienced alike will find this publication extremely helpful. Lots of info in this book.