This colorful two-book kit is designed for those helping friends and family select, set up, and use a new PC—or those new to the task themselves! Get up and running right away—and get to the fun staff faster! Windows Vista Plain & Simple Guide to Helping Family & Friends: If you answer the new-computer ‘S.O.S.’ calls in your family—or you’re getting ready to buy a new PC yourself—here’s friendly, plain-talking advice. This timesaving guide answers the most common questions and how-to’s—with an emphasis on keeping it simple!
- Learn—and explain—computer concepts in non-techie terms
- Get practical PC-shopping tips—what you need and don’t need
- Hook it all up—cables, connections, components—the easy way
- Get ready to venture online—from e-mail to shopping
- Transfer photos from a digital camera
- Enjoy your first podcasts, PC games, movies, and more
Windows Vista Plain & Simple: Your easy, colorful, SEE-HOW guide to getting things done with Windows Vista! Jump in wherever you need answers—for simple-to-follow steps and screenshots that show exactly what to do.
- Run programs and gadgets, and play games
- Send e-mail, share files, and traverse the Web
- Organize your photos, music, and videos
- Burn CDs and DVDs—even make your own movie!
- Set up a printer and simple home network
- Adjust security settings and perform easy tune-ups and fixes
|Series:||Plain & Simple Series|
|Product dimensions:||7.30(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.20(d)|
About the Author
Jerry Joyce has had a long-standing relationship with Microsoft: He has been the technical editor on numerous books published by Microsoft Press® and has written manuals, help files, and specifications for various Microsoft products. As a programmer, he has tried for many years to make using a computer as simple as using a toaster but has yet to succeed.
Marianne Moon has worked in the publishing world for many years as proofreader, editor, and writer - sometimes all three at once. She has been editing and proofreading Microsoft Press® books since 1984 and has written and edited documentation for Microsoft products including Microsoft Works, Flight Simulator, Space Simulator, Golf, Publisher, the Microsoft Mouse, and Greetings Workshop.
Katherine Murray has written more than 60 computer books, including Microsoft Office 2010 Plain & Simple, Microsoft Word 2010 Plain & Simple, and Microsoft Word 2010 Inside Out. She specializes in teaching people and businesses how to improve their productivity using Microsoft technologies, and she loves the freedom that comes along with the “work virtually anywhere” approach Office 365 offers.