Certified by the Master Court of Sommeliers, Maureen Christian Petrosky is a contributing editor for Bon Appetit magazine and has worked as a spokesperson for Better Homes and Gardens(r) magazine. She has made regular appearances as a food, wine, and entertaining expert on the Today Show, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and The Food Network. Maureen graduated from Villanova University and the Culinary Institute of America. She lives in New York with her husband, Michael, and twin boys, Christopher and Elliot.
Wine Club: A Month-by-Month Guide to Learning about Wine with Friendsby Maureen Christian Petrosky, Tricia Laning (Editor)
* A foolproof month-by-month plan by sommelier, Maureen Petrosky, highlights all the pesky details, so you and your girlfriends can sit
* Everything you need to know about starting a wine club. This sassy handbook teaches you and your girlfriends the art of selecting, sampling, and sipping the fruit of the vine (while you indulge in the latest gossip, of course).
* A foolproof month-by-month plan by sommelier, Maureen Petrosky, highlights all the pesky details, so you and your girlfriends can sit back and sip.
* From still to sparkling and delicate whites to rich reds, each month's chapter singles out a grape for study and enjoyment-school was never like this! This course with class includes easy-does-it entertaining tips, taste-testing know-how, and tantalizing wine facts.
* Expert recommendations for brilliant wines at killer prices! What woman doesn't love a bargain?
* Wine-laden tidbits such as how to collect bottles for a personal wine stash.
* Outrageously scrumptious recipes that teach you simply to pair wine and food-it's a no-brainer.
* The latest on the snazziest wine gizmos and gadgets. Shoppers, start your engines.
* Demystified terminology: a short course in "wine speak" makes any wine novice comfortable when shopping for and serving wine.
- Meredith Books
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.42(w) x 9.18(h) x 0.40(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
I love this book. It's a great way to get your wine club started. It includes lots of great information about the wines, gives you menus, and a monthly plan to get going. Grab this book if your not sure where to begin. If you know alot about wine this may be not be for you, it only contains information on the most popular varietals.
I read it through once, and then went back and reread all my favorite parts. My club is on our second tasting and planning a third. Maureen completely de-mystifies wines. She gives you enough knowledge to go to the wine store and pick out what you really want without relying on anyone else. The whole wine club idea is great fun.