Guardian angel Daniel is tasked with keeping Kerry safe, but he's drawn to her in forbidden ways. Their growing romance puts them at risk—however, it's hard to stay grounded when they're swept up on the wings of burning desire…
It is supposed to be simple. Kerry is my charge. My task is to silently watch over her and keep her out of harm's way.
I've never before had a problem just keeping my humans alive. But Kerry is different. Everything about her draws me in. My wings are literally burning with desire for her.
I'm tempted to reveal myself to her, even though I know I shouldn't.
She makes me vulnerable. My vulnerability puts her at risk, and I can't allow that.
When passion and danger mix, what will happen to Daniel and Kerry? Will they fall from their tightrope balance of denying instincts and satisfying desires? Find out NOW by diving into Wings on Fire.
Fans of the delightful dramatic tension in the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer or the dangerous romance in the Novels of the Fallen Angels series by J.R. Ward are sure to enjoy reading this forbidden paranormal romance (PNR) serial.
Daniel may be an angel, but he's no saint! Meet your sexy guardian angel now.
About the Author
Ann Omasta is a USA Today bestselling author.
Ann’s Top Ten list of likes, dislikes, and oddities:
- I despise whipped cream. There, I admitted it in writing. Let the ridiculing begin.
- Even though I have lived as far south as Key Largo, Florida, and as far north as Maine, I landed in the middle.
- If I don't make a conscious effort not to, I will drink nothing but tea morning, noon, and night. Hot tea, sweet tea, green tea––I love it all.
- There doesn't seem to be much in life that is better than coming home to a couple of big dogs who are overjoyed to see me. My other family members usually show significantly less enthusiasm about my return.
- Singing in my bestest, loudest voice does not make my family put on their happy faces. This includes the big, loving dogs referenced above.
- Yes, I am aware that bestest is not a word.
- Dorothy was right. There's no place like home.
- All of the numerous bottles in my shower must be lined up with their labels facing out. It makes me feel a little like Julia Roberts' mean husband from the movie Sleeping with the Enemy, but I can't seem to control this particular quirk.
- I love, love, love finding a great bargain!
- Did I mention that I hate whipped cream? It makes my stomach churn to look at it, touch it, smell it, or even think about it. Great––now I'm thinking about it. Ick!
** I would LOVE to send you a free copy of my novella, Aloha, Baby! Visit annomasta.com for details. **
Stay up-to-date on new releases and insider info by liking / following Ann:
- Facebook: facebook.com/annomasta
- Goodreads: goodreads.com/annomasta
- Bookbub: bookbub.com/authors/ann-omasta
- Website: annomasta.com
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Wings on Fire is the complete collection of three novellas, telling the story about a guardian Angel, Daniel, and his accident-prone charge, Kerry. It starts off with her in hospital, and Daniel lamenting to himself that he hasn't done a good job of keeping her safe. This is an easy read, with no major angst, although there is plenty of drama. The characters are well-rounded, and mostly believable. This is a story, that although it has a contemporary setting, you will need to suspend any disbelief until you've finished it. It was a smooth read, with very good pacing. I am glad that I read this as a complete collection though, as I'm not too good with novellas! For a quick and easy read, then I can definitely recommend this book. * A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and the comments here are my honest opinion. * Merissa Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Wings on Fire by Ann Omasta is a very creative romance involving a mere mortal and her guardian angel. Ms. Omasta has incorporated her love of Newfoundland dogs, romance and paranormal fiction into this story. The plot is well paced, and for the most part the story is a sweet romance. The story is original and the writing quality is solid. I don’t’ know that I’m sold on the idea of a romance with an angel, but I do enjoy the author’s writing. I loved her inclusion of a local crime to provide more story tension and drama. The story ending was “ah-shucks” sweet and satisfying.
This was an interesting twist in the paranormal romance dealing with a guardian angel, Daniel, who develops feelings for one of his human charges, Kerry. The author keeps the dialogue engaging and comedic at times, to keep the story entertaining and not over the top. Although I "like" cliffhangers, I'm glad I got the complete collection so I didn't have to wait to find out how this story was going to end! I've enjoyed other books by this author, and this one is not an exception!