Marianne Ragins, the publisher of www.scholarshipworkshop.com and winner of more than $400,000 in scholarship money, presents the latest revision of Winning Scholarships for College, Fifth Edition. Containing numerous scholarship and college money resources, this classic guide will show you the path to scholarship success. With this newest edition, Marianne uses her knowledge of being a scholarship applicant, a mega scholarship winner, a scholarship committee judge, a scholarship sponsor, and a scholarship coach to help you get scholarships for college too!
With over 300 pages and nearly 40 chapters jam-packed with information, this is one of the most comprehensive books on winning scholarships available, revealing where and how to search for funds, and containing step-by-step instructions for the entire application process. This easy to use college readiness resource is a must-have for all students in search of college money to fund their educational dreams.
The fifth edition has information on hundreds of academic scholarships - from the most well-known resources to smaller, more localized funds. This fully loaded educational resource guides readers through the use of the Internet and social media in their scholarship search; and gives detailed suggestions for essays with examples from the author's own highly successful scholarship search.
Winning Scholarships for College also has special chapters focused on helping all types of students pay for college including
- scholarships for middle class students
- scholarships that do not require an essay
- scholarships for home schooled students
- scholarships for students without an A average
- scholarships for students as young as age six
- scholarships for minority students
- scholarships for current college students
- scholarships for nontraditional students
- money for graduate school and more.
Whether you're in high school, enrolled in or going back to college, studying abroad, or pursuing a postgraduate degree, this book is an invaluable resource for helping you minimize or even eliminate student loans. With Winning Scholarships for College, you can effectively finance the education you want and successfully pay for college with scholarships, grants, and awards.
“An excellent starting point for students of all ages.”
“Marianne Ragins is an example to everyone that if you try hard enough and put forth the effort, you can accomplish anything.”
—Thomas B. Murphy, Former Speaker of the House of Representatives
|Publisher:||The Scholarship Workshop LLC|
|Sold by:||Barnes & Noble|
|File size:||6 MB|
About the Author
Table of Contents
1. College Costs
2. The Scholarship Search: Discovering Hidden Treasures
3. Using the Internet and Social Media in Your Scholarship Search
4. The Local Scholarship Search: Finding Scholarships in Your Backyard
5. Financial Aid Forms and Help from the Government with College Expenses
6. Getting Organized
7. Getting the Most from Your Counselor
8. Taking Tests
9. Writing Your Scholarship Résumé: How to Stand Out and Why Grades Don’t Mean Everything
10. The Application
11. Writing Scholarship Essays That Get Noticed
12. Scholarship Interviewing Tips
13. The Art of Getting Good Recommendations and Requesting Nominations
14. Scholarships and Awards for Community Service, Volunteering, and Work
15. Unusual Scholarship Opportunities
16. Scholarships for the Unnoticed Athlete
17. Scholarships for Minorities: What’s the Difference in a Minority Scholarship Hunt?
18. Scholarships for Current College Students and Transfer Students
19. Going Beyond the Undergraduate Degree— Paying for Graduate School
20. Scholarships for Nontraditional Students— Distance Learners and Adults Returning to College
21. Scholarships for International Students and Study Abroad Funding for U.S. Students
22. Scholarships for Disabled Students
23. I Am Homeschooled— Can I Still Win Scholarships?
24. I Do Not Have an A Average— Can I Get Scholarships for College?
25. Are There Scholarships for Middle- Class Students?
26. Scholarships for Younger Students— From Kindergarten to 11th Grade
27. Scholarships and College Funding for the Military and Their Family
28. Scholarships That Do Not Require Writing an Essay
29. Making Choices: You’ve Won an Award . . .Now What Do You Do?
30. For Parents Only: Helping Your Son or Daughter with the College and Scholarship Process
31. For Parents Only: Motivating Your Kids to Win Scholarships
32. For Parents Only: Saving for College
33. It’s Never Too Early to Prepare for the Scholarship Search
34. Scholarship Do’s and Don’ts: Insider Tips from Scholarship Providers
35. Understanding and Minimizing Student Loans If You Don’t Win Enough Scholarship Money Initially
36. Major Reasons Why Some Students Win Scholarships and Others Don’t
37. Tips for Reducing Your College Expenses and Increasing Your Scholarship Chances
38. What to Do If Your Financial Aid Package Is Not Enough or Your Dream School Reduces Your Aid Package Due to Scholarships You’ve Won
39. Parting Words
Appendix A and Appendix B