This book has been specifically created to cover the language skills in the Common Core State Standards. It includes revising and editing exercises that require students to apply language skills, as well as quizzes that focus on the language skills that students are expected to have. It provides full coverage of the standards, and will develop all the language skills that students need.
- Develops the language skills described in the Common Core standards
- Individual quizzes allow students to focus specifically on each language skill
- Covers all areas including phonics, word analysis, grammar, writing conventions, and vocabulary
- Editing and revising tasks give students the opportunity to apply language skills
- Provides a strong foundation for the vocabulary and reading comprehension skills assessed on the state tests
About the Common Core State Standards
The state of Wisconsin has adopted the Common Core State Standards. These standards describe what students are expected to know, and student learning throughout the year is based on the content of these standards. The English Language Arts standards are divided into the following areas: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening, and Language.
This book focuses specifically on developing and applying the Language standards. However, this also overlaps with all other areas, as language skills are essential for effective reading comprehension, speaking, listening, and writing.