Part I: Sexuality and Sexual Orientation:.
1. "Understanding Women's Sexualities and Sexual Orientations: An Introduction": Linda D. Garnets & Letitia Anne Peplau, University of California, Los Angeles.
2. "Sexual Orientation and Sex in Women's Lives: Conceptual and Methodological Issues":.
Esther D. Rothblum, University of Vermont.
3. "Bisexuality: A Contemporary Paradox for Women": Paula C. Rodríguez Rust, State University of New York at Geneseo.
Part II: Social Contexts:.
4. "Culture and Women's Sexualities": Evelyn Blackwood, Purdue University.
5. "African American Lesbian and Bisexual Women": Beverly Greene, St. John's University.
6. "Sexual Prejudice and Gender: Do Heterosexuals' Attitudes Toward Lesbians and Gay Men Differ?: Gregory M. Herek, University of California at Davis.
Part III: Development:.
7. "Biological Research on Women's Sexual Orientations: Evaluating the Scientific Evidence": Rosemary C. Veniegas, University of California, San Francisco; Terri D. Conley, Univsersity of California, Los Angeles.
8. "Becoming a Heterosexual Adult: The Experiences of Young Women": Janet Shibley Hyde & Sara R. Jaffee, University of Wisconsin.
9. "Explaining Diversity in the Development of Same-Sex Sexuality Among Young Women": Lisa M. Diamond, University of Utah; Ritch C. Savin-Williams, Cornell University.
Part IV: Implications for Research and Policy:.
10. "Heterosexism and the Study of Women's Romantic and Friend Relationships": Suzanna Rose, University of Missouri-St. Louis.
11. "A New Paradigm for Understanding Women's Sexuality and Sexual Orientation": Linda D. Garnets & Letitia Anne Peplau, University of California, Los Angeles.
12. "Seeing Is Believing: Research on Women's Sexual Orientation and Public Policy": Sheila James Kuehl, California State Assembly.
13. "Afterword": Jacqueline D. Goodchilds, University of California, Los Angeles.