Have an idea or skill that you’re ready to turn into a business? Want to expand or improve your current business operations?
This book is for you! Learn how to:
- draft a solid business plan
- raise start-up money, including through crowdfunding
- choose a legal structure and hire employees
- manage finances and taxes
- qualify for special certification programs and contracts for women-owned businesses, and
- efficiently market and brand your business online and off.
You’ll also hear from successful women business owners whose insights will inform and inspire you, and learn valuable tips for maintaining work-life balance.
The fifth edition is completely updated to cover new tax deductions for pass-through entities, changes to the Affordable Care Act, and other issues affecting small business startups under the federal Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
|Edition description:||Fifth Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Peri received her law degree from the University of New Mexico School of Law. She is the author of The Women's Small Business Start-Up Kit,The Small Business Start-Up Kit (national and California editions) and Starting & Building a Nonprofit (all from Nolo) and has been featured in numerous national publications including Entrepreneur, Real Simple, Investors Business Daily, and BusinessWeek,
Table of ContentsThe Women's Small Business Start-Up Companion
1. Choosing the Right Business for You
2. Targeting a Profitable Market With a Winning Idea
3. Making the Financial Transition to Self-Employment
4. Drafting an Effective Business Plan
5. Understanding and Choosing a Legal Structure
6. Your Business Location: Working From Home or Renting Space
7. Dealing With Start-Up Requirements and Bureaucratic Hurdles
8. Getting the Word Out: Cost-Effective Marketing
9. E-Business: Conducting and Marketing Your Business Online
10. Keeping Your Books and Managing Your Finances
11. Federal, State, and Local Tax Basics
12. Building Your Business and Hiring Employees and Other Workers
13. Lawyers and Accountants: Building Your Family of Professionals
Appendix: How to Use the Interactive Forms on the Nolo Website