Are you ready to get started in WordPress this weekend? This ebook features step-by-step instructions for a two-day session on setting up your blog or website using the right tools to launch your content. Author Jesse Friedman will help you understand the power of WordPress, which drives 20 percent of the entire internet, and what it can do for your business or creative endeavor.
In this detailed guide you will:
- Learn how to build your page using existing themes, tags, pages, and menus, and six must-have plugins
- Understand hosting requirements and how to choose a hosting provider
- Organize your content and know the difference between pages and posts, categories and tags, making a content strategy that fits your needs
- Discover six tips to help you publish like a pro
- Prepare your site for launch and complete ongoing site management
About the Author
Jesse shares his experience and knowledge as a leader in the industry by serving as a professor at one of two universities in Rhode Island, speaking on the stages at conferences like SXSW, WordCamps, or Future Insights, and writing books, articles, and blog posts.
As a veteran WordPress developer and long time advocate of open source, Jesse hopes to continue to spread the word in order to help people, businesses, and organizations improve their lives through technology.