The Family Guide is the perfect complement to Work and Rest God's Way!
The discipline to work can be challenging for all of us, but motivating children to work is especially difficult. As a father of eight, Pastor Scott knows what is needed. Let him help you teach your children what the Bible says about work. The Family Guide is the culmination of what has been successful for him and his wife, Katie. They have learned from families they respect, books they've read, videos they've watched, conferences they've attended, and—most importantly—trial and error. Inside you will find:
- Four bonus chapters not found in Work and Rest God's Way, with accompanying workbook material
- Questions to help each family member find the blessings God has for them in their labor
- Application assignments for each chapter to help you utilize the material
Christian family books are hard to find. If you're looking for Christian workbooks for adults or a Christian workbook for kids, look no further! Inside you will find a family workbook parents and kids can enjoy working through together. This is also a wonderful resource for group Bible studies. Whether you're a man or woman, young or old, parent or child, married or single, this guide will enable you to enjoy both work and rest as God intended.
It's not a Bible verse: "Do your best," but this truth is communicated in Scripture. Ecclesiastes 9:10 says, "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might," and Colossians 3:23-24 says, "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men." The Family Guide will help you do your best and learn what is the work of a Christian. Discover joy and purpose in all you do!
Endorsed by prominent ministry leaders:
- "Work and Rest God's Way is a welcome contribution as Christians rediscover the doctrine of vocation in all of its practicality and spiritual richness."
Dr. Gene Edward Veith—Provost at Patrick Henry College, director of the Cranach Institute at Concordia Theological Seminary, and author of God at Work
- "Scott LaPierre wonderfully reconciles the tension between work and rest by resisting the celebrated extremes of workaholism and play by relying on the principles laid out in God's Word."
Kirk Smith—Church planter, pastor, and Executive Director for the Illinois Christian Home Educators (ICHE.
About the Author
Receive a FREE copy of Scott LaPierre's book, Seven Biblical Insights for Healthy, Joyful, Christ-Centered Marriages: www.scottlapierre.org/subscribe/
Scott is the senior pastor of Woodland Christian Church and a conference speaker. He and his wife, Katie, grew up together and God has blessed them with eight children.
Scott LaPierre's website: https://www.scottlapierre.org/
Contact Pastor Scott or learn more about him at: