Workbook for Mosby's Paramedic Textbook - Revised Reprint / Edition 3 available in Paperback
Updated to reflect the new 2005 emergency cardiac care guidelines! This easy-to-use study guide reinforces the basic principles and skills needed to successfully practice in the field. This exceptional workbook follows Mosby's Paramedic Textbook, Revised 3rd Edition, on a chapter-by-chapter basis in an easy-to-use, self-pacing format. Chapters contain patient care scenarios, multiple-choice questions with rationales, review questions, matching, and fill-in-the-blank questions, and more. Also included is a thorough review of anatomy and physiology, basic math tutorials, and much more!
- More than 2,200 questions in a variety of formats - including multiple choice, matching, fill in the blank, labeling exercises, and short answers - help students learn and understand essential concepts.
- All questions have answers with rationales, and the answers are cross-referenced to the objectives in the book.
- Perforated flash cards (32 drug cards and 22 ECG cards) make reviewing convenient and fun.
- NREMT skills sheets are included to aid in skills review and practice.
- Updated to reflect the new 2005 emergency cardiac care guidelines.
- A new case study section called "Wrap it Up" features questions at the end of each chapter.
- Chapter summaries from the textbook reinforce key concepts.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||Revised Reprint Edition|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 1.25(h) x 9.00(d)|
About the Author
EMS Training Specialist, St. Charles, MO
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 EMS Systems: Roles and Responsibilities Chapter 2 The Well-Being of the Paramedic Chapter 3 Injury Prevention Chapter 4 Medical/Legal Issues Chapter 5 Ethics
Chapter 6 Review of Human Systems Chapter 7 General Principles of Pathophysiology Chapter 8 Life Span Development
Chapter 9 Therapeutic Communications Chapter 10 History Taking Chapter 11 Techniques of Physical Examination Chapter 12 Patient Assessment Chapter 13 Clinical Decision Making Chapter 14 Assessment-Based Management Chapter 15 Communications Chapter 16 Documentation
Chapter 17 Pharmacology Chapter 18 Venous Access and Medication Administration
Chapter 19 Airway Management and Ventilation
Chapter 20 Trauma Systems and Mechanisms of Injury Chapter 21 Hemorrhage and Shock Chapter 22 Soft Tissue Trauma Chapter 23 Burns Chapter 24 Head and Facial Trauma Chapter 25 Spinal Trauma Chapter 26 Thoracic Trauma Chapter 27 Abdominal Trauma Chapter 28 Musculoskeletal Trauma
Chapter 29 Cardiology
Chapter 30 Pulmonary Emergencies Chapter 31 Neurology Chapter 32 Endocrinology Chapter 33 Allergies and Anaphylaxis Chapter 34 Gastroenterology Chapter 35 Urology Chapter 36 Toxicology Chapter 37 Hematology Chapter 38 Environmental Conditions Chapter 39 Infectious and Communicable Diseases Chapter 40 Behavioral and Psychiatric Disorders Chapter 41 Gynecology Chapter 42 Obstetrics
Chapter 43 Neonatology Chapter 44 Pediatrics Chapter 45 Geriatrics Chapter 46 Abuse and Neglect Chapter 47 Patients with Special Challenges Chapter 48 Acute Interventions for the Home Health Care Patient
Chapter 49 Ambulance Operations Chapter 50 Medical Incident Command Chapter 51 Rescue Awareness and Operations Chapter 52 Crime Scene Awareness Chapter 53 Hazardous Materials Incidents Chapter 54 Bioterrorism and Weapons of Mass Destruction
Answers National Registry of EMT-Paramedic Examination Skill Sheets ECG Flash Cards Drug Flash Cards