8.97 In Stock
Learn why the world is the way it is
Finally, there is a guide to world history that is condensed enough to be readable and entertaining, but broad and substantial enough to cover all of the major events and periods. Howard Colvin's WORLD HISTORY masterfully lays out the entire story of humanity and the planet we all share in a single authoritative book. This book has been extensively researched and includes some of the newest research and discoveries, such as the revolution in how we now understand many ancient civilizations. No one does history better than Colvin, and in this book he has skillfully distilled an eminently readable account of the entirety of human history.
Be better informed about the world, including:
- Ancient Greek Civilization
- Alexander the Great
- Ancient Egypt
- The Roman Empire
- Christianity and Constantine
- Prehistoric India
- Ancient India's Great Empires
- The Rise of Islam
- Korean Dynasty
- The Reign of Napoleon Bonaparte
- The Bolshevik Revolution
- American history including The American Revolution, The War of 1812, and The Civil War
- Captain James Cook
- World War I and II
- Vietnam War
- Birth of the United Nations
- The Space Race
- The Cuban Missile Crisis
- North Korea - the last Communist State
- Economic Progress in Communist Countries
- Perestroika and Glasnost
- The End of the Cold War
- THE ERA OF MEDICAL DEVELOPMENT
- THE INTRODUCTION OF THE INTERNET
- WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD?
- And much more!
Don't miss out!
Impress the people you know with your broad knowledge of history and the world. Understand why things are the way they are. Connect with the wisdom, victories, and struggles of humanity throughout the rise and fall of empires and civilizations.
Grab this book today and truly understand the history of the world.