This fingertip compilation of fascinating facts in the form of questions and answers and 145 contemporary photographs covers the essential, the unusual, and the statistical military and political developments of World War II. There are chapters on code names, messages and quotations, the war on land, the air war, naval operations and sea battles, historic dates, and a special section on Pearl Harbor. Find the answers to these and hundreds of other questions:
- What were the names of the beaches at Normandy?
- Who was the American baseball player who spied on Japan?
- Who was the first member of Congress to enlist after Pearl Harbor?
- Which future Pope was hunted by the Gestapo?
- Who were the top air aces of all nations in the war?
- What was the name of Adolph Hitler's dog?
- Which future U.S. President signed Clark Gable's discharge papers?
- What two ships present at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 were in the news in 1982?
- Who was the real spy after whom James Bond was modelled?
- What British aircraft was nicknamed the Termite's Delight?
- What did the following message mean: "The Italian Navigator has just landed in the New World. The natives are friendly"?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
World War II Quiz and Fact Book based on 0 ratings. 0 reviews.