Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
World War II [5 volumes]: A Student Encyclopedia available in Hardcover
Designed with the more visual needs of today's student in mind, this landmark encyclopedia covers the entire scope of the Second World War, from its earliest roots to its continuing impact on global politics and human society. Over 1,000 illustrations, maps, and primary source materials enhance the text and make history come alive for students and faculty alike.
• 950 A–Z entries, including lengthy biographies of individuals, studies of battles, details of weapons systems, and analyses of wartime conferencesall of the topics students look for, and teachers and educators need to have for their classes
• Over 270 contributors, including an unprecedented number of non-U.S. authorities, many from Japan and China, giving students a truly global understanding of the war
• An inviting design incorporating 600 photographs, including contemporaneous images of individuals, scenes from the front lines, posters, and weapon technologies
• A separate primary source volume offering a wide array of materials ranging from official documents to personal correspondence
• An early section of 70 detailed geopolitical and military maps, show students the basic sweep of the war
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||9.50(w) x 11.80(h) x 6.00(d)|