The World's Healthiest Foods Second Edition is Bigger and Better!
If you own the first edition, you need the new World's Healthiest Foods Second Edition. Here are 8 reasons why:
- The World's Healthiest Foods, 2nd Edition is the most comprehensive, authoritative, up-to-date book on healthy eating and cooking you can find.
- New Smart Menu: The Smart Menu illustrates how you can combine the World's Healthiest Foods with Nutrient-Rich Cooking in a remarkable menu that provides you with 100% of the nutrients you need each day and also tastes great! And no need to develop a shopping list or calculate the nutritional benefits; I do all of this for you. The breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks exemplify how you too can create menus that fulfill your nutritional needs and satisfy your taste buds to put you on the path to a slimmer, healthier and more energetic you. You won't be able to find this kind of Menu anywhere else.
- New Nutrient-Rich Cooking: How you cook your food can be as important as the foods you select to eat. Traditional ways of cooking could lose from 50-80% of nutrients because of high cooking temperatures and long cooking times; this was especially true when it came to cooking vegetables. In this edition I have placed special focus on healthy cooking in general and healthy cooking of vegetables in particular not only to make them taste great but with the aim to preserve as many nutrients as possible.
- 300 New Recipes: The challenge to healthy cooking has always been to make healthy food taste good, so in this edition I have added 300 new recipes to make Nutrient-Rich Cooking quick, easy, and enjoyable.
- New Food Chapters and Updated Information: You will enjoy 10 chapters on new World's Healthiest Foods as well as chapters on six new herbs and spices. Each chapter provides information about the best way to select, store, prepare, and cook each of the foods as well as sections on identifying the different types of each food, and updated nutritional charts for each. The chapters have been revised and expanded to reflect the findings from 10,000 published studies.
- Updated Nutrient Chapters: Scientific studies continue to find that the best source of nutrients is from the food you eat. In this edition I provide Readres with the most research-based, up-to-date, food oriented look at nutrients. The focus in the 31 new nutrient chapters is on getting nutrients from food and not on supplements.
- The 2nd Edition is an Expansion of the 1st Edition: Even with more pages, thousands of updates, updated nutritional charts, this 2nd edition is selling at the same retail price!
- Exciting New Design: This 2nd Edition is not only informational, its hundreds of new photographs of food, food preparation, and recipes make it beautiful as well.
This second edition is a wealth of health-promoting information right at your fingertips. It is your ultimate guide for healthy eating and cooking. You will learn how to prepare health-promoting vegetables that you never thought you could enjoy using recipes most of which take 5 minutes or less to prepare. This exciting second edition of the World's Healthiest Foods is waiting for you to explore. I believe it will become your most important reference on healthy eating and cooking and everything you have come to expect from the George Mateljan Foundation.
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.90(h) x 2.30(d)|
About the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
The debate never ends, does it, about foods that are good for your body, others you should avoid and those which should never pass through your lips. I picked up this book, or should I say hefted it from the table, and was immediately impressed. I had read that this is the second edition of the original book and that it contained over 300 new recipes but the majority of the 1060 pages are devoted to educating readers on food. How to cook it is just part of the package. Mateljan’s philosophy says to earn the label “World’s Healthiest Foods” it must measure up to these criterion. Whole foods: complete with all their natural endowment of nutrients. Nutrient-rich foods: research-demonstrated benefits such as preventing chronic disorders. Familiar foods: common, recognizable that most people know about. Readily available foods: nutritious foods found at the local market. Affordable foods: seasonal, purchased locally. Foods that taste good: vibrant, pleasing taste, enjoyable to eat. Read the full review here: http://bizcatalyst360.com/the-worlds-healthiest-foods/ Over 1000 pages of this book cover these aspects of food. Part 1: Benefits of the World’s Healthiest Foods Part 2: The healthiest Way of Eating Plan – Smart Menu Part 3: Nutrient-Rich Way of Cooking Part 4: World’s Healthiest Foods Part 5: Health-Protective Nutrients from the World’s Healthiest Foods Finally, how did George Mateljan do his research? Where does he keep his research of The World's Healthiest Foods updated? What do readers and consumers have to say about the quality and value of information in this book and on the author’s website? Find those answers and more in his book. BizCatalyt360 Biz Books