Every kind of written business communication is discussed in this book, from brief inter-office memos to correspondence and detailed technical reports. The author offers practical tips on keeping the message clear and to the point, a review of correct grammar, and advice on fitting the writing style to the type of message and its intended audience.
Table of Contents
· Your Style: The Natural Voice for Professional Writing
· "Read Me" Layouts and Conventions: Eye Appeal for Persuasion, including Fax and E-mail
· Recipes for Success: Quick Plans to Clarify Your Writing
· Here's the Good News: Letters and Memos that Say "Yes"
· Here's the Bad News: Letters and Memos that Say "No"
· Here's a Mixed Bag: Good News and Bad News
· The Extended Letter: Reports and Proposals
· Writing a Great Short Report: Making and Supporting Your Point
· Writing Winning Proposals and Short Business Plans: Designing Persuasive Arguments
· Changing and Rearranging: Fast Fixes for the Final Polish
· Difficult Letters and Memos: Writing for Sensitive Situations
· Appendix A: A Quick Guide to Grammar and Punctuation
· Appendix B: References for Further Reading
CAREERS IN THE LAW