Join the New Adult Fiction revolution!
From Sylvia Day's Bared to You to Jamie McGuire's Beautiful Disaster , new adult fiction has arrivedand it's hotter than ever. But there's more to this category than its 18-to-26-year-old characters: The success of your story depends on authentically depicting the transition of your young protagonists from teenhood to adulthood. With Writing New Adult Fiction , you'll learn how to capture the spirit of freedom, self-discovery, and romance that defines the new adult experience.
- Create memorable characters that act and sound like new adults.
- Sculpt a distinct personality for your fiction with POV, voice, tone, and word choices.
- Build a unique, captivating plot that satisfies your audience from beginning to end.
- Learn tools for revising effectively and efficiently in a speed-driven market.
- Weigh the options for your path to publication: traditional, indie, and hybrid.
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.40(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Deborah Halverson is the award-winning author of Writing Young Adult Fiction For Dummies with Wiley Publishers and the teen novels Honk If You Hate Me and Big Mouth with Delacorte/Random House. She is also a veteran editor and the founder of the popular writers' advice website DearEditor.com.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This book is a great resouce for new writers. It gave me all the tools I need to polish my plot structure, rev up my opening and give realisim to my dialogue. I've covered my copy with highlighting and margin notes that I will use as I work on revising my first novel. Deborah Halverson delivered everything I needed to know in fun snappy, easy-to-digest narrative. I highly recommened this book for any writer wanting to improve their craft.