Gain total control over your information with XSLT and XPath!
- Master XSLT and XPaththe "keys to the XML kingdom"
- Build custom XML output solutions that won't become obsolete
- Learn everything from basic XML-to-HTML conversions to leading edge techniques
- CD-ROM includes all examples from the book
Mastering XSLT and XPath gives you unprecedented control over your informationand helps you leverage virtually every new XML technology, from XLink to schemas. Discover XSLT's powerful vocabulary of easy, programming-like features, and learn how to build custom solutions that resist obsolescence. By the end of the first chapter, you'll be performing XML-to-HTML conversions for display in any Web browser. Then build on your knowledge through a series of hands-on examples that transform you into an XSLT/XPath expert!
- XSLT as an XML document instance: leveraging your existing XML skills
- XSLT stylesheet concepts and constructs: fundamental through advanced level
- XPath patterns and functions
- XSLT subroutine functions and variables
- XSLT processing of multiple nodes: iterative and conditional XSLT elements
- Controlling output options
- XSLT extensions, and more
Whether you're an experienced programmer or a novice markup specialist, here's your chance to master XML's most potent tools for organizing, updating, and delivering digital informationany data, anywhere, any time!
|Series:||Definitive Xml Series from Charles F. Go|
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 1.40(d)|
About the Author
JOHN ROBERT GARDNER, Ph.D., is an Architect with Sun Microsystems, Inc., a leading provider of industrial-strength hardware, software, and services that power the Internet and B2B.
ZARELLA L. RENDON is Senior Applications Engineer and co-founder of ISOGEN International, a leading provider of XML and SGML solutions. She is a member of the W3C XSL Working Group.