Few things are more frustrating than lying awake at night. All insomniacs know the cardinal rule for getting some Zs: Don't just lie there waiting for sleep - do something about it.
In Yawn: Bedtime Reading for Insomniacs, author Ellen Sue Stern invites you to:
- Lean back into a down pillow and consider what golf strategies should be employed in the rain.
- Nestle in more deeply as you commit to memory the particulars of the "correct" way to eat spaghetti.
- Yawn softly while you peruse the fine print of airline ticket sale literature.
- Consider in detail the physiological reasons behind male pattern baldness.
- Pepeat what NASA tells its astronauts to help them fall into weightless sleep.
- You might not remember everything you've read, but you may find the answers to your dreams - a good night's sleep.