The Year's Work in Critical and Cultural Theory is a major annual publication derived from its sister volume The Year's Work in English Studies. It provides a comprehensive collection of theoretical essays with bibliographies for work published in a given year.
About the Author
Stephen Regan is Tutor in Literature at Ruskin College,Oxford. His publications include a book on Philip Larkin and he isthe editor of The Politics of Pleasure: Aesthetics and CulturalTheory.
Elaine Treharne is Lecturer in English Language at theUniversity of Leicester.
Table of Contents
Part I: The Year's Work in Critical and Cultural Theory:.
1. Critical Theory: General: S. Sim (University ofSunderland).
2. Rhetoric and Deconstruction: R. Jarvis (University of theWest of England, Bristol).
3. Psychoanalysis: V. Lebeau (University of Sussex).
4. Feminism: S. Mills (University of Loughborough) with V. Bell;L. Brimstone; K. Burlinson; J. Goldman; H. Ingman; V. Kolocotroni;M. Metzstein; A. Sandhu.
5. Historicism: T. Pinkney (University of Lancaster).
6. Colonial Discourse/Postcolonial Theory: P. Williams(Nottingham Trent University).
7. Art History: J. Harris (Leeds Metropolitan University).
8. Popular Music: D. Buckley, Neubiberg. Books Received (for1992).
Part II: Barbarian at the Gate: Essays in Honour of TerryEagleton:.
9. The Ballad of Terry Eagleton: F. Eden.
10. The December Group: Terry Eagleton and the New Left Church:A. Cunningham (University of Lancaster).
11. Memories of Underdevelopment: Teaching Shakespeare in 1969:P. O'Flinn (Oxford Brookes University).
12. Changes: A Critical Survey of Terry Eagleton's Work: G.Wade, Athens.
13. The Sign of Value: Reflections on Eagleton and AestheticValue: E. Larrissy (University of Warwick).
14. The Poetry of the Meantime: Terry Eagleton and the Politicsof Style: S. Connor (Birbeck College, London).
15. Ideology: A Review: C. Norris (University of Wales,College of Cardiff).
16. Brother Tel: The Politics of Eagletonism: W. Maley (QueenMary and Westfield College, London).
17. Iron on the Shoulder: For Young Terry at 50: A. Easthope(Manchester Metropolitan University).
18. For a Pilgrim of Hope: J. Goode.
Index to Part I.