Are you interested in Yellowstone or planning a trip to the park? If so, you'll love Yellowstone National Park for Kids, Preteens, and Teenagers. Inside this detailed travel guide geared toward children, you'll learn all you need to know about America's first national park. For example, did you know that:
- Yellowstone was discovered by John Colter in the early 1800s but for over fifty years, most Americans did not believe the reports of steaming hot springs and bubbling mudpots?
- Yellowstone is one of the world¿s biggest active volcanoes? The hot underground magma is what causes the geysers to erupt and when you visit Yellowstone you actually go inside the volcanic caldera.
- Both black bears and grizzly bears can be found in Yellowstone and they are omnivorous which means they eat both plants and animals?
- Old Faithful erupts about every ninety minutes to heights of over one hundred feet?
- Early visitors to Yellowstone used to catch fish in Yellowstone Lake then dip them into Fishing Cone Geyser to cook them?
Yellowstone National Park for Kids, Preteens, and Teenagers includes easy-to-read descriptions, photographs, and diagrams of the park's wildlife, history, and geology and it highlights some of the best hikes and attractions for children visiting Yellowstone. It also includes several Yellowstone themed word games and puzzles, an animal checklist, and a packing list geared toward children, preteens, and teenagers. Even parents and other adults will benefit from this entertaining and educational book.
Please visit us on the web at www.grandeguides.com.
|Product dimensions:||5.00(w) x 8.00(h) x 0.18(d)|
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I just bought this book for my 10 year old granddaughter and she loves it. Her parents are taking her to Yellowstone this summer and the book was really gotten her excited about the trip. It has a chapter on Yellowstone's history, wildlife, geology and details for each area of the park. It's like a Frommer's travel guide but geared toward kids. My granddaughter has already started a list of things she wants to see and do when they are in Yellowstone. I'd highly recommend this book to anyone planning a trip to Yellowstone with children.