- Get it by Thursday, August 24 , Order now and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
S-T-R-E-T-C-H, STRENGTHEN, AND MEDITATE—WITH YOUR BABY
Practicing yoga with your baby—as you hold your baby, have your baby next to you, or have your baby leaning against your thighs or atop your belly—is a wonderful way to add joy to your first year together. Popular yoga teacher Jyothi Larson shares the specially adapted yoga poses she has taught to hundreds of moms and their “Buddha babies,” her term for the happy and calm babies in her classes.
Whether you are new to yoga or an experienced student, whatever shape you are in, you are in the perfect place to practice yoga. In this beautifully illustrated book with easy-to-follow instructions, Larson presents twenty routines that help you get back in shape faster as you bond with your baby. Included are:
• prenatal yoga, with a focus on the last trimester
• what to do after birth through the first six weeks, with special poses for women who have had C-sections
• modified yoga poses that respect your changing post-pregnancy body and give all of yoga’s benefits—stretching, strengthening, and relaxing
• fun yoga moves that encourage your baby’s natural flexibility and growth
• breathing and relaxation exercises as well as partner postures and much more!
Experience the joy of yoga while bonding with your baby.
|Publisher:||Random House Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||7.20(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Ken Howard is a journalist who writes about science, medicine and technology. He has been practicing yoga for ten years.