Dramatically updated to reflect recent advances in the basic and clinical neurosciences, Youmans and Winn Neurological Surgery, 7th Edition remains your reference of choice for authoritative guidance on surgery of the nervous system. Four comprehensive volumes thoroughly cover all you need to know about functional and restorative neurosurgery, (FRN)/deep brain stimulation (DBS), stem cell biology, radiological and nuclear imaging, and neuro-oncology, as well as minimally-invasive surgeries in spine and peripheral nerve surgery, endoscopic and other approaches for cranial procedures and cerebrovascular diseases. Seventy new chapters, an expanded video library, and revised content throughout help you master new procedures, new technologies, and essential anatomic knowledge. This unparalleled multimedia resource covers the entire specialty with the unquestioned guidance you’ve come to expect from the "Bible of neurological surgery."
• Each clinical section contains chapters on technology specific for that particular clinical area.
• Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
• An expanded video library includes more than 300 videos with audio commentary, including 36 stunning anatomy videos, more than 100 videos demonstrating intra-operative procedures, and lectures that clarify key concepts.
• 70 new chapters provide cutting-edge information on Surgical Anatomy of the Skull Base; Coagulation for the Neurosurgeon; Brain Retraction; Optogenetics and Clarity; Ablative Procedures for Parkinson's Disease; Nerve Transfers; Indications and Techniques of Revision Spine Surgery; Traumatic Brain Injury: Proteomic Biomarkers; Acute Surgical and Endovascular Management of Ischemic/Hemorrhagic Stroke; and many more.
• Thorough coverage of new techniques and approaches, including minimally-invasive surgeries in spine and peripheral nerve surgery, endoscopic approaches for cranial procedures, and stereotactic and robot-assisted surgery.
• Each section contains a new chapter providing an expert overview from experienced Section Editors, including a report on ongoing controversies within that subspecialty.
• Updates include expanded coverage of the basic science of CNS infections, increased content on radiology and anatomy, new chapters on various aspects of patient safety, new coverage of anti-coagulation therapy in the elderly, new skull base approaches, an overview of spinal biomechanics for all forms of spinal instrumentation, detailed coverage of intraoperative navigation, improved methods of tumor resection and the role of whole-brain radiotherapy, and much more.
• Reorganized content facilitates ease of navigation, so you can find what you need quickly.
Youmans is "the" neurosurgical reference. It covers the entirety of the specialty and the editors and authors are unparalleled in their experience and expertise.
|Publisher:||Elsevier Health Sciences|
|Edition description:||New Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.80(w) x 11.10(h) x 3.40(d)|
Table of Contents
SECTION I Introduction to Neurological Surgery
Chapter 1 Historical Overview of Neurosurgery
James Tait Goodrich and Eugene S. Flamm
Chapter 2 Surgical Anatomy of the Brain
Hung Tzu Wen, Albert L. Rhoton Jr, and Antônio C. M. Mussi
Chapter 3 Molecular Biology Primer for Neurosurgeons
Kevin Y. Miyashiro and James Eberwine
Chapter 4 Neuroembryology
Harvey B. Sarnat, Laura Flores-Sarnat, and Joseph D. Pinter
Chapter 5 Stem Cell Biology in the Central Nervous System
Philip J. Horner and Samuel E. Nutt
Chapter 6 Neurons and Neuroglia
Bruce D. Trapp and Karl Herrup
Chapter 7 Cellular Mechanisms of Brain Energy Metabolism
Albert Gjedde and Pierre Magistretti
Chapter 8 Blood-Brain Barrier
Shahid M. Nimjee, Gerald A. Grant, H. Richard Winn, and Damir Janigro
Chapter 9 Cerebral Edema
Robert J. Weil and Edward H. Oldfield
Chapter 10 Physiology of the Cerebrospinal Fluid and Intracranial Pressure
†Anthony Marmarou and Andrew Beaumont
Chapter 11 Neurosurgical Epidemiology and Outcomes Assessment
Hugh Garton, Frederick G. Barker II, and Stephen J. Haines
Approach To The Patient
Chapter 12 Altered Consciousness
Nicholas D. Schiff
Chapter 13 Neuroophthalmology
Timothy J. Martin and James J. Corbett
Chapter 14 Neurotology
P. Ashley Wackym and Christina L. Runge-Samuelson
Chapter 15 Neurourology
Brett D. Lebed and Eric S. Rovner
Chapter 16 Neuropsychological Testing