Your Child Abroad: A Travel Health Guide is a down-to-earth guide for anyone traveling overseas with children, whether on a family vacation or a long-stay in the tropics. Reassuring and practical, it shows how to deal with situations ranging from minor illnesses to life-threatening emergencies.
Fully updated and revised for this second edition, this guide remains the best source of advice about planning and preparation, disease prevention, recognition of symptoms and how to react.
* By practicing doctors who have traveled widely and are child-health experts
* Advice on diagnosis and treatment
* Who is fit to fly; traveling with allergies
* New antimalarials and bite-prevention gismos
* First-aid guidance and suggested kits
* Basic medical questions in five languages
* Region-by-region analysis of risk
* Special notes for expatriates
|Publisher:||Bradt Publications UK|
|Series:||Bradt Travel Guide Series|
|Product dimensions:||5.36(w) x 8.52(h) x 0.32(d)|
About the Author
Dr. Jane Wilson-Howarth is a general practitioner who has worked in England, Asia, South America, and Africa. She presently lives in Cambridge.
Dr. Matthew Ellis is a pediatrician and father who has practiced in Sudan, Ethiopia, and Nepal, and is now working in Bristol.