Youth Volleyball offers you everything you need to understand both boys and girls volleyball, whether you are a coach, parent, athlete, or fan. Author Sharkie Zartman, former national team member and an inductee to the Beach Volleyball Hall of Fame, guides you through the ins and outs of the ultimate team sport, covering new serving rules, the rally scoring system, the libero position, the fundamentals, and more.
The book also includes:
- basic and new terminology, rules, and positions
- drills that are practical and fun
- tips for communicating with kids and parents
- instruction on how to properly train and prevent injuries
- advice on how to teach sportsmanship and nurture self-esteem
- beach volleyball and its popularity and unique rules
With advice on everything from communicating with parents and referees in an appropriate manner to balancing discipline with fun, Youth Volleyball is a sure guide to making a difference in the lives of young athletes.
|Product dimensions:||6.90(w) x 8.90(h) x 0.70(d)|
About the Author
Sharkie Zartman is a former national team member and an All-American from UCLA. Her husband Pat was the national coach in 1974. Together, they run the successful Spoilers Volleyball Club, which has won several National Youth Titles since 1993.