• In 2013, Barron's Zen Doodling combined the calming benefits of meditation with the creative outlet of drawing for a unique new take on relaxation and self-expression. Now the practice is enhanced with Zen Doodling Mandalas. Since ancient times, the mandala has been a symbol of the universe, a cosmic diagram that represents infinity and our own inner being. Here, zen doodling queen Carolyn Scrace offers instructions for creating captivatingly beautiful mandalas with nothing but a scrap of paper and something to write with. She also covers:
• A history of mandalas and meditation
• Essential tools and materials for getting started
• Techniques for adding color and depth to mandalas
• Guides to creating vibrant patterns inspired by nature, animals, love,and more
• The engaging layout of this book includes hundreds of beautiful examples of mandalas along with instructive diagrams, in both black & white and color, which will inspire artists and peace seekers alike to pull out a pen and start doodling stunning mandalas.
|Publisher:||Barron's Educational Series, Incorporated|
|Product dimensions:||8.60(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
Carolyn Scrace graduated from Brighton College of Art in England before working in animation, advertising, and illustrating children's books. She is the author of the popular Zen Doodling , also published by Barron's in North America.