- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Based on his best-selling HyperText and HpyerMedia, Jakob Nielsen takes hypertext a step further—to the Internet. Multimedia and Hypertext: The Internet and Beyond explores new and developing applications in multimedia and hypertext as well as offering coverage of the use of HTML (hypertext markup language) and the World Wide Web with interfaces such as Mosaic and Netscape.
• Includes a large number of richly illustrated examples of a wide variety of new hypermedia systems.
• Provides a range of strategies for overcoming information overload.
• Thorougly discusses a number of new applications, including distribution of hypertext tools via the Internet.
• Explains copyright issues for users and develeopers, and usability issues for hypertext.
• Forecasts the future of the field in the long and short term.
Reflecting the changes in the hypertext/multimedia market, this book includes illustrated examples of a variety of new hypermedia systems, particularly those related to the Internet, plus many examples of the use of Mosaic and the HTML.
Chapter 1: Defining Hypertext, Hypermedia, and Multimedia
Chapter 2: An Example of a Hypertext System
Chapter 3: The History of Hypertext
Chapter 4: Applications of Hypertext
Chapter 5: The Architecture of Hypertext Systems
Chapter 6: Hardware Support for Hypertext
Chapter 7: Hypertext in the Internet
Chapter 8: Coping with Information Overload
Chapter 9: Navigating Large Information Spaces
Chapter 10: Hypertext Usability
Chapter 11: Multimedia Authoring
Chapter 12: Repurposing Existing Content
Chapter 13: The Future of Multimedia and Hypertext
Appendix: Annotated Bibilography