Neale Donald Walsch's bestselling Conversations with God series stretches over nine books, leaving many of even its modest ardent readers hoping for a quintessence of its teachings. What God Said answers that call with a distillation of 25 core messages from these divine exchanges. With its sharper focus, this book holds the potential to carry Walsch's uplifting, undogmatic message to new and old readers alike.
What God Said: The 25 Core Messages of Conversations with God That Will Change Your Life and the Worldby Neale Donald Walsch
God’s number one message to the world.
In just five words
“You’ve got me all wrong.”
Inspired by his nine-book Conversations with God series, many people have asked Neale Donald Walsch to find a way to deliver the most essential pieces of God’s message to us in a more succinct way./i>/b>/b>/b>
God’s number one message to the world.
In just five words
“You’ve got me all wrong.”
Inspired by his nine-book Conversations with God series, many people have asked Neale Donald Walsch to find a way to deliver the most essential pieces of God’s message to us in a more succinct way.
The result is a concise text detailing and expanding just what we need to know about life and how to live it. Bringing their many conversations over the years into sharper focus than ever before, Walsch in What God Said encourages readers to cast aside religious and cultural trappings. To experience life as fallibleand humanbeings, open minded, open-hearted, and all-embracing, and to build on, broaden, and enrich our Ancient Story.
But to move forward on this ever-expanding and encompassing spiritual voyage means not only understanding what Walsch considers the most important insights of his Conversations with God, but also applying them in the most practical of ways. And so Walsch has included solid suggestions on how to apply each of the 25 Core Messages in daily life, The author says that should humanity begin carrying these messages forward, starting today, they can literally change the world.
- Penguin Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.90(w) x 8.40(h) x 1.40(d)
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Read an Excerpt
Here, in one thousand words, is all that the human race needs to know in order to live the life for which it has yearned and which, despite trying for thousands of years, it has yet to produce. Carry these messages to your world:
- We are all One. All things are One Thing. There is only One Thing, and all things are part of the One Thing there is. This means that you are Divine. You are not your body, you are not your mind, and you are not your soul. You are the unique combination of all three, which comprises the Totality Of You. You are an individuation of Divinity; an expression of God on Earth.
- There’s enough. It is not necessary to compete for, much less fight over, your resources. All you have to do is share.
- There’s nothing you have to do. There is much you will do, but nothing you are required to do. God wants nothing, needs nothing, demands nothing, commands nothing.
- God talks to everyone, all the time. The question is not: To whom does God talk? The question is: Who listens?
- There are Three Basic Principles of Life: Functionality, Adaptability, and Sustainability.
- There is no such thing as Right and Wrong, there is only What Works and What Does Not Work, given what it is you are trying to do.
- In the spiritual sense, there are no victims and no villains in the world, although in the human sense it appears that there surely are. Yet because you are Divine, everything that happens ultimately benefits you.
- No one does anything inappropriate, given their model of the world.
- There is no such place as hell, and eternal damnation does not exist.
- Death does not exist. What you call “death” is merely a process of Re-Identification.
- There is no such thing as Space and Time, there is only Here and Now.
- Love is all there is.
- You are the creator of your own reality, using the Three Tools of Creation: Thought, Word, and Action.
- Your life has nothing to do with you. It is about everyone whose life you touch and how you touch it.
- The purpose of your life is to re-create yourself anew in the next grandest version of the greatest vision ever you held about Who You Are.
- The moment you declare anything, everything unlike it will come into the space. This is the Law of Opposites, producing a contextual field within which that which you wish to express may be experienced.
- There is no such thing as Absolute Truth. All truth is subjective. Within this framework there are five levels of truth telling: Tell your truth to yourself about yourself; Tell your truth to yourself about another; Tell your truth about yourself to another; Tell your truth about another to another; Tell your truth to everyone about everything.
- The human race lives within a precise set of illusions. The Ten Illusions of Humans are Need Exists, Failure Exists, Disunity Exists, Insu? ciency Exists, Requirement Exists, Judgment Exists, Condemnation Exists, Conditionality Exists, Superiority Exists, and Ignorance Exists. These illusions are meant to serve humanity, but it must learn how to use them.
- The Three Core Concepts of Holistic Living are Honesty, Awareness, and Responsibility. Live according to these precepts and self-anger will disappear from your life.
- Life functions within a Be-Do-Have paradigm. Most people have this backward, imagining that first one must “have” things in order to “do” things, thus to “be” what they wish to be. Reversing this process is the fastest way to experience mastery in living.
- There are Three Levels of Awareness: Hope, Faith, and Knowing. Spiritual mastery is about living from the third level.
- There are Five Fallacies about God that create crisis, violence, killing, and war. First, the idea that God needs something. Second, the idea that God can fail to get what He needs. Third, the idea that God has separated you from Him because you have not given Him what He needs. Fourth, the idea that God still needs what He needs so badly that God now requires you, from your separated position, to give it to Him. Fifth, the idea that God will destroy you if you do not meet His requirements.
- There are also Five Fallacies about Life that likewise create crisis, violence, killing, and war. First, the idea that human beings are separate from each other. Second, the idea that there is not enough of what human beings need to be happy. Third, the idea that in order to get the stuff of which there is not enough, human beings must compete with each other. Fourth, the idea that some human beings are better than other human beings. Fifth, the idea that it is appropriate for human beings to resolve severe differences created by all the other fallacies by killing each other.
- You think you are being terrorized by other people, but in truth you are being terrorized by your beliefs. Your experience of yourself and your world will shift dramatically if you adopt, collectively, the Five Steps to Peace:
- Permit yourself to acknowledge that some of your old beliefs about God and about Life are no longer working.
- Explore the possibility that there is something you do not fully understand about God and about Life, the understanding of which would change everything.
- Announce that you are willing for new understandings of God and Life to now be brought forth, understandings that could produce a new way of life on this planet.
- Courageously examine these new understandings and, if they align with your personal inner truth and knowing, enlarge your belief system to include them.
- Express your life as a demonstration of your highest beliefs, rather than as a denial of them.
- Let there be a New Gospel for all the people of Earth: “We are all one. Ours is not a better way, ours is merely another way.”
The one thousand words here, embraced and acted on, could change your world in a single generation.
Meet the Author
Neale Donald Walsch is the author of the Conversations with God series of books, seven of which have made the New York Times bestseller lists. He has created a number of global projects revolving around the core messages found here, including an education program for children and a collaboration with people across the planet to invite serious and ongoing discussion of these ideas everywhere. Neale lives in southern Oregon with his wife, the American Poet Em Claire. The two travel and work together extensively, sharing with people around the world information they hope may help others in finding a deeper connection with themselves, their soul, and God.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >