A.C.: AFTER COLLAPSE (sometimes referred to as A.C.) is a post-apocalyptic role-playing game set at least 50 years after worldwide civilization has come to a slow, bitter end.
A.C. presents a detailed post-Collapse environment filled with opportunities for adventure and discovery. Characters, known as "Survivors," cautiously comb through the dangerous ruins of once-great metropolises.
One question that explorers may want to answer is whether technology is all bad. Tales abound of rogue Artificial Intelligences (AIs) that thirst for mankind's destruction in retaliation for past wrongs. Is any tech safe to use or is Big Brother always watching, waiting for a chance to strike?
A.C.: AFTER COLLAPSE uses a d20-based architecture. Features include:
- electronics-oriented Basic Skills that allow Survivors and NPCs to design and maintain gadgets, devices, and computers, including the development of software applications that can be useful resources or deadly opponents;
- a System Reason (REA-s) attribute that defines how "smart" the hardware in electronics can be;
- a Program Reason (REA-p) attribute that defines how interactive or sentient a software application can be;
- a system of Structure Points (SPs) and Armor Points (APs) that simulate the durability of electronics;
- a system of Material Attributes (MATs) that simulates the physical properties of high-tech materials used to make electronic hardware; and
- Materiel Resistance (MAR) factors that define how much corrosion or radiation a gadget, device, or computer can resist in combat.
Recommended for ages 14+.