AdvancED ActionScript 3.0is a fresh look and new approach to utilizing valuable, structural techniques and methods that are commonly used in the field of rich interactive application development. With each method broken down into different strategized explanations, you'll find the approach most suitablefor you. Whether it is an example you can utilize as-is, or oneyou canstart withand develop further, you will have a glossary of definitions and organizational concepts at your fingertips.
Object-oriented programming (OOP)and design patterns are not new to the field, but can often be overlooked in their value. They are, at times, not only overwhelming to learn, but difficult to put into practice. However, they are useful because they create a structure that can be broken down, rebuilt, and reused.
- Provides the building blocks required for the implementation of OOP
- Addresses problems and concerns regarding OOP
- Offers solutions on how to approach and utilize OOP
What you’ll learn
- Understand the benefits of OOP
- How to structure code
- Explore new techniques
- Recognize patterns used by professionals in the field
- Feel more confident about using OOP in your development
- Think of coding in a new light
Who this book is for
AdvancED ActionScript 3.0 is for Flash and/or Flex developersseeking a better understanding of object-oriented programming and the knowledgeto utilize it in a manner practical to the language itself.
Table of Contents
- Object-Oriented Programming: What it is & What it isn’t
- Design Patterns
- The Basics
- Coding Styles
- Decision Making and Planning
- Get Real
- Architecture and Principles
- Frequently Used Patterns
- Structural Patterns
- Behavioral Patterns
- Creational Patterns
|Edition description:||1st ed.|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.00(d)|
About the Author
Ben Smith is an accomplished Technical Experience Director with many years of experience leading Web Development for well-known digital agencies. His list of contributions to the community has earned him a place as an Adobe Community Professional. As an Author, Speaker, and Judge for theFWA it should be apparent he is passionate about the web. He attributes his growth to experimentation and experience.