“[A] panoply of interesting stories... and what stories they are. A lovely, sometimes challenging testament to the universality of human nature.”
—Kirkus Reviews (starred)
The 99% Invisible City
“To know why things are as they are adds a satisfying richness to daily existence. This book is terrific, just terrific.”
—Mary Roach, author of Stiff
Our Next Book Club Pick
“It is the rarest of books: a genuine thriller, a brilliant distillation of our anxious age, and a work of high literary merit...”
—The Washington Post
Ex Libris: 100+ Books to Read and Reread
“A feast for the eyes and mind, you’ll never go hungry for something to read with "Ex Libris" in your hand.”
—Jules H, Home Office Buyer
Books We're Talking About
A magnetic novel about two families, strangers to each other, who are forced together on a long weekend gone terribly wrong.
- From the president who inspired us to believe in the power of democracy.
- A riveting, deeply personal account of history in the making.
- Don’t miss award-winning actor Matthew McConaughey when he joins us and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on October 20th to discuss his new book Greenlights.
- Learn More
- Upcoming virtual events with favorite authors, our B&N book clubs and more!
- Can’t participate live? Check back for recorded sessions with your favorite authors and follow along at #BNEvents.
- Read More
- The #BNYABookClub is virtual!
- Get together with Aiden Thomas and Leigh Bardugo Thursday, October 29th to discuss The Cemetery Boys!
- Learn More