The history of African Americans is a long and tragic chronicle of events. The people who dared to stand up and speak out against the systemic cruelty and oppression were often brutally killed for their efforts. This has created a rich tapestry of defiant and courageous leaders and followers who have gradually pressed for the evolution of thought within the United States of America.
Discover personal stories, struggles and achievements of people like:
- Harriet Tubman
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Malcolm X
- Rosa Parks
- Frederick Douglass
- And many more
- The First Africans in America
- How Slaves Were Viewed
- African Americans' Contribution to Literature, Art, and Music
- The Fight for Independence
- Fugitive Slave Laws
- The Gabriel Prosser Revolt
- The Denmark Vesey Revolt
- The Beginning of the End of Slavery
- The Rallying Movements and Moments, and the Civil War
- Continued Oppression in Freedom and the Early Struggles for Equality
- Exodus from the South and the Fight for Education within the South
- African Americans Begin to Stand Together
- Founding of Something New Through Pain and Self-Expression
- Integration and the Civil Rights Movement
- Those Who Fought for Their Inalienable Rights in a Country That Would Deny Them
- And a Great Deal More that You don't Want to Miss out on!