Algorithms and Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks / Edition 1 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
A one-stop resource for the use of algorithms and protocols inwireless sensor networks
From an established international researcher in the field, thisedited volume provides readers with comprehensive coverage of thefundamental algorithms and protocols for wireless sensor networks.It identifies the research that needs to be conducted on a numberof levels to design and assess the deployment of wireless sensornetworks, and provides an in-depth analysis of the development ofthe next generation of heterogeneous wireless sensor networks.
Divided into nineteen succinct chapters, the book covers:mobility management and resource allocation algorithms;communication models; energy and power consumption algorithms;performance modeling and simulation;
authentication and reputation mechanisms; algorithms forwireless sensor and mesh networks; and algorithm methods forpervasive and ubiquitous computing; among other topics.
Complete with a set of challenging exercises, this book is avaluable resource for electrical engineers, computer engineers,network engineers, and computer science specialists. Useful forinstructors and students alike, Algorithms and Protocols forWireless Sensor Networks is an ideal textbook for advancedundergraduate and graduate courses in computer science, electricalengineering,and network engineering.
|Series:||Wiley Series on Parallel and Distributed Computing Series , #62|
|Product dimensions:||6.30(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Azzedine Boukerche, PhD, is a Canada Research Chair Professor in wireless and mobile computing at the University of Ottawa, Canada. He is the Founding Director of PARADISE Research Laboratory, also at the University of Ottawa. Dr. Boukerche is a well-known and internationally respected researcher in his field. He has published numerous papers in the fields of wireless networks, mobile and pervasive computing, and wireless ad hoc and sensor networks. As an associate editor, program chair, and general chair, he has contributed to many international journals and conferences in the area of wireless and mobile networking, wireless ad hoc, and sensor and mesh networking. He has also received several national and international awards for excellence in research and his scientific contributions to the field of wireless and mobile networks.
Table of Contents
About the Editor.
1. Algorithms forWireless Sensor Networks: Present and Future(Azzedine Boukerche, Eduardo F. Nakamura, and Antonio A. F.Loureiro).
2. HeterogeneousWireless Sensor Networks (Violet R. Syrotiuk,Bing Li, and Angela M. Mielke).
3. Epidemic Models, Algorithms, and Protocols in Wireless Sensorand Ad Hoc Networks (Pradip De and Sajal K. Das).
4. Modeling Sensor Networks (Stefan Schmid and RogerWattenhofer).
5. Spatiotemporal Correlation Theory for Wireless SensorNetworks (Özgür B. Akan).
6. A Taxonomy of Routing Protocols in Sensor Networks(Azzedine Boukerche, Mohammad Z. Ahmad, Damla Turgut, andBegumhan Turgut).
7. Clustering inWireless Sensor Networks: A Graph TheoryPerspective (Nidal Nasser and Liliana M. Arboleda).
8. Position-Based Routing for Sensor Networks: Approaches andObstacles (Marwan M. Fayed and Hussein T. Mouftah).
9. Node Positioning for Increased Dependability of WirelessSensor Networks (Mohamed Younis and Kemal Akkaya).
10. Mobility in Wireless Sensor Networks (Stefano Basagni,Alessio Carosi, and Chiara Petrioli).
11. Localization Systems for Wireless Sensor Networks(Azzedine Boukerche, Horacio A. B. F. Oliveira, Eduardo F.Nakamura, and Antonio A. F. Loureiro).
12. Location Discovery in Sensor Networks (AsisNasipuri).
13. QoS-Based Communication Protocols in Wireless SensorNetworks (Serdar Vural, Yuan Tian, and Eylem Ekici).
14. Quality of Service in Wireless Sensor Networks (GregoryJ. Pottie and Ameesh Pandya).
15. Energy-Efficient Algorithms in Wireless Sensor Networks(Azzedine Boukerche and Sotiris Nikoletseas).
16. Security Issues and Countermeasures in Wireless SensorNetworks (Tanveer Zia and Albert Y. Zomaya).
17. A Taxonomy of Secure Time Synchronization Algorithms forWireless Sensor Networks (Azzedine Boukerche and DamlaTurgut).
18. Secure Localization Systems: Protocols and Techniques inWireless Sensor Networks (Azzedine Boukerche, Horacio A. B. F.Oliveira, Eduardo F. Nakamura, and Antonio A. F. Loureiro).
What People are Saying About This
"For being one of the first books on the subject, it is a very pleasant read, with excellent illustration and flow of information. The exhaustive references and exercises are nice bonuses. Both graduate students and industry practioners will enjoy this book." (Computing Reviews, February 9, 2009)