Electronic Inspection Copy available for instructors here
'A first class text. It is scholarly and yet very accessible.' - Louise Preget, Senior Lecturer, Bournemouth University Business School
The second edition of Nick Wilton's An Introduction to Human Resource Management continues to provide an engaging and holistic overview of the role of Human Resource Management in its contemporary context. It reflects on current trends, the labour market and the global economy while offering a critical yet accessible treatment of both theoretical and practical issues relating to Human Resource Management.
- New Full Colour Layout makes the text easy to read and navigate
- HR in Practice boxes illustrate how theory can be applied in practice
- Ethical Insights present ethical considerations for budding practitioners
- Global Insights highlight practices around the world
- Research Insights invite you to explore academic research
- Case Studies relate theory to real organisations such as Tesco, Intel and Lloyds TSB
- Self-test questions are ideal for revision
- Further Online Reading provides free access to scholarly journal articles
- Glossary and Definitions explain key terms
- Podcasts summarise key topics and highlight employability skills
Visit: www.sagepub.co.uk/wilton2 to access additional learning resources including extended case studies, chapter summaries, podcasts and journal articles.
This book is essential reading for undergraduate, postgraduate and MBA students, including those studying for their CIPD qualifications.
|Edition description:||Third Edition|
|Product dimensions:||7.70(w) x 10.10(h) x 0.90(d)|
About the Author
Nick Wilton is Associate Head of Department (Business and Management) and Senior Lecturer in HRM at Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: HRM IN CONTEXTCHAPTER 1 What is HRM?CHAPTER 2 HRM and the IndividualCHAPTER 3 HRM, Strategy and PerformanceCHAPTER 4 The Labour Market Context of HRMCHAPTER 5 The National and International Context of HRMPART TWO: HRM IN PRACTICECHAPTER 6 People ResourcingCHAPTER 7 Managing PerformanceCHAPTER 8 Managing RewardCHAPTER 9 Human Resource DevelopmentCHAPTER 10 Employment RelationsPART THREE: CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN HRMCHAPTER 11 HRM, Equality and DiversityCHAPTER 12 Careers and Career ManagementCHAPTER 13 The Management of Workplace ConflictCHAPTER 14 HRM, Work and Well-beingCHAPTER 15 Current Trends and Future Challenges in HRM