Basic Real Estate Appraisal / Edition 5by Richard M. Betts, Silas J. Ely
Pub. Date: 08/28/2000
Publisher: Cengage Learning
Based on the authors' combined wealth of both professional and academic experience, Basic Real Estate Appraisal, Fourth Edition provides a thorough outline of the most up-to-date appraisal theory and practice for students, real estate professionals, and consumers. Both simple and complex subjects are covered in terms that are easy to understand yet accurate. Coverage references and explains the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice, introducing all of the appraisal related topics listed in the educational requirements for universal state licensing and certification.
- Cengage Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.34(w) x 10.76(h) x 0.49(d)
Table of Contents
2. Legal Considerations in Appraisal.
3. The Formal Appraisal Process.
4. Focus on Neighborhood, Community, and Market.
5. Real Estate Economics and Value.
6. Property Inspection and Analysis: The Site.
7. Property Inspection and Analysis: The Improvements.
8. The Sales Comparison Approach.
9. Analyzing and Adjusting Comparable Sales.
10. Valuing the Site.
11. Introducing the Cost Approach.
12. Estimating Loss in Value: Accrued Depreciation.
13. The Income Approach.
14. Income Capitalization: Rates and Techniques.
15. Reconciling the Value Estimates.
16. Reporting Appraisal Opinions.
17. Appraising Special Ownerships and Interests.
18. The Professional Appraiser.
Answers to Reviewing Your Understanding Questions.
Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (Excerpts).
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews