This book will help you join the thousands of successful iPhone apps developers without needing to learn Objective-C or the Cocoa touch APIs. If you want to apply your existing web development skills to iPhone and iPad development, then now you can. WebKit’s support for HTML5 means any web developer can create compelling apps for both the iPhone and the larger-screen iPad.
Beginning iPhone & iPad Web Apps takes you through the latest mobile web standards as well as the specific features of the iPhone and iPad. You’ll learn about WebKit and Mobile Safari, HTML5 and CSS3, vector graphics and multimedia support. You’ll discover the built-in hardware features of the iPhone and iPad and how best to take advantage of them.
The market for web apps for the iPhone and iPad is expanding rapidly. You’ll want to know about all the advantages, and Beginning iPhone & iPad Web Apps is the perfect starting point.
|Edition description:||1st ed.|
|Product dimensions:||7.50(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.30(d)|
About the Author
Table of Contents
- Development Tools
- Development Environment
- Introducing Developer and Debugging Tools
- The Anatomy of a Web Application
- User Experience and Interface Guidelines
- Interesting CSS Features for Your Web Application User Interface
- Bitmap and Vector Graphics and Downloadable Fonts with Canvas and SVG
- Embedding Audio and Video Content in Your Web Application
- Handling Transformations, Animations, and Special Effects with CSS
- Cross-Document Communication
- Ajax and Dynamic Content
- Using Touch and Gesture Events
- Location-Aware Web Applications
- A Better Handling of Client-Side Data Storage