Do you sometimes feel so stuck in an endless cycle of meeting everyone else’s needs and expectations that you lose sight of your own? You want to give the best of yourself to others. But what happens when people hurt or take advantage of you? What happens when life doesn’t go your way, despite your best efforts?
The Best of You reveals breakthrough strategies to discover your true self, find your voice, set wise limits, and still be a loving person. For over twenty years, Dr. Alison Cook has brought together faith and psychology to help thousands of women reclaim their confidence, find their purpose, and develop the authentic connections they crave. Her unique wisdom will help you answer these tough questions:
- How do I put a stop to painful patterns that keep recurring in my life?
- How do I find my voice and speak up for myself?
- What if other people respond with anger, blame, or a guilt trip?
- How do I trust myself to make wise decisions even in difficult circumstances?
You don’t have to stay stuck, overwhelmed, or defeated. The Best of You gives you the path to the life and relationships that God designed for you to enjoy.
Related collections and offers
|Publisher:||Nelson, Thomas, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x (d)|
About the Author
- develop confidence from the inside out,
- transform anxiety and loneliness into peace and connection with others,
- experience a true loving God who isn't trying to beat them up,
- heal lingering trauma from childhood wounds or abuse, and
- forge healthy relationships with safe individuals.
For over twenty years, she has helped create transformative results for women, ministry leaders, couples, and families. Her Christian adaptation of the fast-growing, evidence-based Internal Family System (IFS) model of therapy provides a step-by-step approach to managing emotions in partnership with God. She resides in Wyoming where she, her husband, and their young adult children spend time in the mountains as often as they can.